The Kansas City Star seeks an experienced and motivated investigative reporter to join the newspaper’s enterprise and projects team. We’re looking for someone who knows how to ferret out wrongdoing and hold people in power accountable. Top-rate news judgment is a must. Likewise, this reporter will be a self-starter who has excellent skills researching diverse topics, developing sources and writing with authority and flair.
We need someone with expertise in computer-assisted and data-driven reporting and the ability to make sense of the complexities inherent in that analysis. In addition, this reporter will be a key partner in digital visualization and the creation of interactive graphics that help make projects pop.
The successful candidate will need:
– An impressive track record in investigative reporting.
– Experience developing strong in-depth story ideas.
– Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
– Strong understanding of and commitment to journalistic ethics.
– Desire to engage readers with frequency and urgency on high-interest topics.
– Social media savvy and an appreciation for the value of multi-platform publishing.
To apply for the job, email your cover letter, a resume and links to your best reporting work to Greg Farmer, Senior AME, at firstname.lastname@example.org.